Wisport Raccoon 85L Rucksack A-TACS GHOST
The Raccoon 85 litres backpack is a part of Wisport line of the latest generation of survival backpacks. The bag is made of extremely durable Cordura Nylon and developed in collaboration with Polish Military forces.
Main compartment can be easily divided into two smaller sections by means of an internal compartment division hood, creating the top section of 2/3 of the capacity and the bottom one of about 1/3 of total capacity. The internal hood comes with a drawstring, which partial span allows carrying long items (rolled foam pad, tripod, etc.). The backside of the main compartment comes with a large hydration compatible flat pocket, which can also be used for carrying a laptop or small radio station. Above the flat pocket are small zip pocket, hook for attachment of hydration bag and passage hole for hydration hose or antennas. The passage hole itself is protected against water trickling down the hose or the air. The access to the main compartment is possible from the top or from the bottom through the flap closed with a thick double-sided zipper. The top flap of the backpack is removable and has two internal pockets - also with durable Wisport branded zippers. Additionally this rucksack comes with two detachable side pockets with a capacity of 9 litres each. Both pockets come with MOLLE webbing and are secured with a small snow collar with drawstring and buckle closure.
The main advantage of the Raccoon 85 backpack is fully adjustable FAS Plus military carrier system which allows for adjusting the backpack while on the move, depending on the angle of descent or ascent. This feature is also helpful when wearing any extra equipment such as a tactical vest or plate carrier.
Wide and ergonomically shaped shoulder straps and padded waist belt help to distribute weight evenly and relief the pressure. The belt can easily be detached from the rucksack which allows the use of modular weapon belts together with tactical vest. Quick-release Fastex buckles allow the backpack to be quickly dropped on the ground when required. The belt also features a Grimloc locking D-ring for easy attachment of additional accessories.
Multiple compression straps allow the backpack to be adapted to the size of carried kit and prevent it from shifting inside the bag, which may cause unnecessary noise, discomfort and disturbance to the balance. Front of the backpack, side panels and the lid has a multiple MOLLE strap attachments points, which allow for mounting various MOLLE accessories i.e. backpack bags, first aid kits and pouches. Moreover, numerous Nylon straps permit the outside fixation of much bigger items that will not fit inside, or because they need to remain on hand. Thanks to this the overall capacity of the rucksack may be significantly greater than nominal 85 litres.
Amongst many interesting design solutions of this backpack there are rubberized handles on both sides, which are perfect when crossing fords (rivercrossings) or for lifting the backpack from the ground. What is more, the Raccoon backpack comes with a rain cover as a standard accessory, hidden in the compartment on the bottom of the bag and fastened with Hook-and-loop.
- Capacity: 85 litres
- Main compartment with two separate chambers
- Two lid pockets with zip closure
- Two side pockets with drawstrings
- Two detachable side pouches with drawstrings and buckles
- Quick-detach system
- FAS Plus Military carrying system
- Adjustable shoulder straps and back section padded with air mesh
- Strengthened, enlarged and adjustable waist belt with buckled strap
- Adjustable chest strap with buckle
- Tough aluminium frame painted in black
- Lifted and removable lid with Hook-and-loop and buckles
- Hook-and-loop loop panel on the lid
- Snow collar with drawstring
- Allows the use of hydration systems
- Passage to the main compartment for a drinking tube
- Hydration hose mounting brackets on both shoulder straps
- Rubberized carrying handles on both sides
- Nylon straps for attaching sleeping bag
- Loops and elastic bands on shoulder straps
- MOLLE compatible with multiple attachments points
- Side and front compression straps
- Durable Wisport zippers
- Duraflex and ITW NEXUS buckles
- Rain cover on bottom (included)
- All seams secured
- DuPont Teflon fabric protection
- Material: Cordura
- Dimensions: approx. 26"x15"x13" (65x38x34cm)
- Weight: 3300g
- Manufacturer: Wisport
- Made in Poland
- Five years Manufacturer's warranty